- “Quality or class”, meaning luxury for those who really appreciate craftmanship, for those who are drawn to brands with a long history. This is for people who like more classic, refined luxury. The connoisseur.
- “Indulgence”, meaning treating yourself, on occasion. Luxury is not a lifestyle, so the purchase is more meaningful.
- “Metamorphosis”, meaning luxury as a means of self-expression, personal transformation, being creative. These are people who don’t go for products that take themselves too seriously. Adventure is included here, health, as well as arts and culture.
- “Bigger picture”, meaning luxury for the altruist, those seeking something deeper, those who want to enjoy luxury with a clear conscience, perhaps with more social meaning, such as philanthropy, or sustainability.
Regarding Luxury highlights everything that is new and trending in the world of autos, timepieces, travel, fashion, jewelry, real estate, yachting, and aviation, through features and profiles of the people who are setting the standard when it comes to luxury living.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gold Winner of ADCC Directions Award in Art Direction, Design & Typography
- Winner of the Prestigious Graphic Design Annual
- Honourable Mention for Cover of the Year at the Canadian National Magazine Awards
- Winner of a Certificate of Typographic Excellence from the New York Type Directors Club 56th Exhibition Competition
- Pick of the Month for Overall Design and Photographic Excellence IDN (International Designers Network) Magazine (Hong Kong)
I am a 50-something Torontonian who loves everything about my city. It’s been my home, my playground, for my entire life. I went to school here. I met my wife here. I own real estate here. I love writing about the transformation of my city on the world stage, which hasn’t been anything short of dramatic. That continues on, as I write this. I write on the real estate scene. I write on travel and fashion. I like following the world of luxury watches.
But I love writing about cars – check that, luxury cars, a level of superior, engineering sophistication, high performance and style, that transports you not just from one destination to another but also out of whatever you are going through on a particular day, whatever mood you are in, all to another head space. It’s complete and total exhilaration, head to toe.
For me, driving a BMW, Porsche, Audi, Land Rover, and the like, is like a personal island, a respite from the frenetic pace that only people who live in the core of North America’s fourth largest city (and growing) can understand. That may sound dramatic, but it’s truth.
And I am not interested in writing Car + Driver-type stuff. When I get a car, I want to experience it. That could be a drive down the U.S. west coast from Vancouver to Los Angeles, down the Pacific Coast Highway, or a drive to the bright lights and energy of New York, or a weekend sojourn to the great city of Montreal.
Check out my stories, and email me direct at email@example.com.
Some of my latest work:
Daniel Love has turned wanderlust into a way of life. From Brooklyn to Berkeley, Love has lived across the United States, experiencing a wide range of culture and lifestyle while never stopping to sit still along the way. He’s a veteran of the red-eye flight and has mastered the art of the 8-hour road trip. The changing scenery never matters, though, as Love believes good coffee and good hockey can make any place home.
In addition to his contributions to Regarding Luxury, Love has also covered the National Hockey League for a variety of outlets and has notably provided news and sports coverage for WVFS at Florida State University, where he received a Master’s degree in Education.
Some of his latest work:
Mark Harrison is a luxury watch connoisseur, having travelled to some of world’s top international watch and jewellery events and trade shows, in particular Baselworld, held every spring in Basel, Switzerland. Baselworld is a must-attend week on the calendar for watch lovers, and Mark will be in attendance again this year. He writes regularly on trends in luxury watches for Regarding Luxury.
Some of his latest work:
Derek Dier is a vintage watch specialist, with over 25 years of experience. He is one of the first internet watch dealers. He has sold watches to the Royal Family, world dignitaries, noted musicians, actors and actresses, writers, artists, and Fortune 500 CEOs. He supplied vintage watches to the leads and characters of AMC’s Mad Men, Seasons 5 and 6.
Some of his latest work:
As a student of Art History and English at the University of Toronto, Bailey soon found herself inspired by the downtown’s rich and diverse art scene, always progressing. She is a frequent visitor of the Royal Ontario Museum and Art Gallery of Ontario. She also likes to explore areas like Kensington Market and Richmond Centre for an example of local contemporary arts. She likes to write about fine arts and interior design, interested in the intricacies of design that make a room inviting and aesthetically unique. She likes to consider how art trends of the past have shaped the development of modern architecture, design, and fashion. Toronto is a great city to view with this lens, given its inexhaustible variety of history and culture.
She also likes to write about home décor and the intricacies of comfort, believing that the elements of a home should heighten our experience of a room by appealing to every sense – not just visual. She is inspired by the development of modern technology and creative design, and how they can provide everyday life with a brand new sense of convenience and luxury.
Some of her latest work: