Breitling has reached into its storied past to re-design a classic, the Chronomat, an all-purpose sports watch for aficionados who see the brand as much more than a watch for aviator enthusiasts. It’s for adventure-seekers on land and seas as well. It’s for the sportsman in all of us.
The original Chronomat was a mechanical watch introduced in 1984 that soon became an icon for the brand. The New Chronomat Collection is a handsome and modern re-design of the original Chronomat, bold but not too big on the wrist, at 42 mm. The Rouleaux bracelet with a butterfly clasp is distinctive, and blends modern and retro.
What really pops is the design – Breitling has done a wonderful job in remaking the watch. It looks good in the office and especially looks great on the weekend. It’s a naturally rugged watch without trying too hard to be. The watch is powered by the in-house Breitling calibre 01, that delivers a power reserve of 70 hours, and can be seen through the sapphire crystal case back.
Breitling has rolled out five versions:
- Chronomat B01 Chronograph 42: Steel Case, Silver, Copper, Blue, Black and Green Dial on a Steel Bracelet, $9,950 CAD
- Chronomat B01 Chronograph 42 Frecce Tricolori Limited Edition: Steel Case, Green Dial on Steel Bracelet, $10,150 CAD
- Chronomat B01 Chronograph Steel & Gold Rider Tabs, Silver Dial, Steel Bracelet, $11,450 CAD
- Chronomat B01 Chronograph 42: Steel and Gold Case, Anthracite or Blue Dial on Steel and Gold Bracelet, $14,950 CAD
- Chronomat B01 Chronograph 42: Gold Case, Anthracite Dial on Black Rubber, $24,950 CAD