Ah, the south of France; endless days of sun, blue skies, the alluring Mediterranean Sea and home to some of the most magnificent villas in the world. Singer/songwriter Elton John, U2’s Sting and the Edge, actor Johnny Depp and fashion mogul Ralph Lauren are some of the privileged Who’s Who-owners of sprawling homes and villas in this French paradise.
If you aspire to purchase a luxurious villa with views overlooking the city of Nice and the Mediterranean Sea from a hill on the Cap de Nice, then perhaps this spectacular villa formerly owned by 007-actor Sean Connery is for you. Now for sale, this stunning home, where scenes from the James Bond movie Never Say Never Again were filmed, is priced at $33.87 million.
Situated on over one acre, Connery’s former home is nestled behind an entrance gate for complete privacy. The lush environment includes landscaped terraces that flank a winding path to the sea, green strips of lawn, and a saltwater pool at the edge of the cliff that offers amazing views of Nice, the Promenade des Anglais and the Old Port.
The property has two complete two-bedroom guesthouses and the main stone mansion is styled in the classic French architecture of the 1920s. The home is dressed in colourful wisteria vines and has five levels with an elevator and rooftop terrace. Five bedrooms and baths are distributed between all the floors.
Walk right in.
The entrance opens into a grand hall with floor-to-ceiling windows capturing more views of Nice, mountains and the sea. Lounge on the wrap-around and garden terraces or enjoy sunset cocktails and dining under the stars.
Other features include:
- Period details such as wide-planked parquet floors throughout the building.
- A family room and another room and kitchenette currently being used as an office on the main level.
- On the lower floor, the dining room and kitchen open to a garden terrace.
- Upstairs is the master suite with his-and-her baths, a dressing room and private balcony.
- And to stay fit and healthy, on the bottom level of the home is a spectacular fitness complex with gym, hammam (Turkish bath) and large indoor swimming pool that opens to the gardens, shower and dressing areas.
Listed with Edward de Mallet Morgan, Knight-Frank, Nice, France. Property listing is courtesy Top Ten Real Estate Deals.